Biblioteca de cunoștințe
Fair Usage Policy
Do we give a FUP?
The short answer is No. We don't care how much internet you use. In fact, we want you to use as much as you can. That's the point of truly uncapped premium internet.
That means we don't throttle. We don't shape. And we don't limit your internet usage. This applies to all our standard internet packages!
That being said, we do reserve the right to limit a customer's usage or speed based on either of the following criteria:
- A breach of our Acceptable Use Policy - in summary, our AUP does not cover any usage based restrictions, so we're not hiding a FUP in there.
- Aggregation - using our lines to run an ISP-like service is strictly prohibited. Please do contact us if you require a wholesale service, if your t's are crossed and i's dotted, we will be happy to help. We reserve the right to monitor your service and suspend your service immediately and without prejudice if you are found to be in breach of this clause.
What about your 1 Gbps service?
We're glad you asked. We want to make 1 Gbps mainstream. It's time South Africa experienced truly great, snappy internet.
Together with Vumatel, we've introduced our 1 Gbps package. Due to the design of this product, we are required to implement restrictions to traffic that may affect other users' experience.
To prevent network abuse, the following restrictions will apply to the Vumatel FTTH 1 Gbps package only:
- No limits on data volume (you can download as much as you like)
- Web traffic, streaming services, gaming will not experience any throttling or shaping of any kind
- only P2P traffic (torrents, news servers and similar) traffic will be limited to 200 Mbps
- International traffic (excluding traffic from CDNs and locally peered networks including, but not limited to: Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Fastly, Limelight, Akamai, Cloudflare, HE, Valve (Steam), Apple and more - this list is continually expanding) may be limited to 200 Mbps. We reserve the right to limit international bandwidth to 200 Mbps at any time
Technical Measures to prevent network abuse
Web sQuad reserves the right to take such action as may be necessary to protect the integrity of the Web sQuad's Network and all our clients. This includes, but is not limited to, system monitoring, protocol management and shutting down of ports affected by viruses, worms or other malicious code. Any effort to protect Web sQuad's Network will be communicated to affected clients to ensure minimal service disruption.
Web sQuad reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, which changes shall become effective as soon as they are posted to our website.
FUP, Fair Usage Policy