Domain Redemption - what it means
domain, closed, redemption, transfer, delete
What is Domain Redemption ?
It is important to renew your domain before it expires. Closed Redemption is a state that a domain enters once it has expired and gone through the Deletion Phase.
The process is as follows:
- The domain will expire.
- The domain will go through the Pending Suspension and Pending Deletion Phases.
- After the Pending Deletion phase is over, the domain enters the Closed Redemption Phase.
- In the Closed Redemption Phase a domain can be reinstated at the cost of the Closed Redemption Fee:
- R 285.00 for .ZA Domains
- R 685.00 for .Joburg .Capetown and .Durban
- R 3,750 (thousand) for TLDs and GTLDs, like .com .net .org .directory .farm et cetera
5. How long a domain name stays in Closed Redemption depends on the Registry. For .ZA Domains the Redemption Period is 30 days, for TLDs like .COM it can range from 45 - 90 days.
Please note that no movement can be made on the domain until the redemption fee is paid, or the redemption completes.